CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 2, 2009

Assignment #8

For our new assignment (#8) we have to research the man Louis Riel and learn about him. Then we will have to make a show and in that show we will have to be interviewing Louis Riel (even though he is dead, but that is ok). Check out how I did on my interview with Louis Riel.



___________________________________________________________________


Stefan: Hello everyone, today for our show we will be interviewing the man who came back from the dead...LOUIS RIEL. Give a round of applause for the great man.


Louis Riel: Hello Stefan, how are you doing today.


Stefan: I am very good, thank you.


Louis Riel: I see you have some questions for me today.


Stefan: Yes I do and I'll start off with... When and Where were you born?


Louis Riel: I was born in St.Boniface(Red River Settlement) on October 22, 1844.



Stefan: Wow, that was long ago wasn't it.


Louis Riel: It was, it was


Stefan: Moving on now. Did you like the schools and home you were living in?


Louis Riel: I did like my school because of the nice people and my learning there was good and I was fine living where I lived, I had no isuses living there.



Stefan: When you came to Montreal for your studies on July 5, how did everything go?


Louis Riel: Well at firist it was going very well. I was admitted to the College de Montreal. I was studying very hard and I was a very good student. I was at the top of the classes. But then the day has come of my father's death on January 1864. I had not seen him since I left Red River. Then in March 1865, I left the College de Montreal because my instructors saw that my attitude has changed and they started to think if I had a religious vocation. I then started living with the Grey Nuns. But I made the mistakes of breaking the rules several of times and I kept on missing class. I was then asked to leave the College de Montreal and the convent. So then I went to live with my aunt, Lucie Riel in Montreal. I then fell in love with a woman named Marie Julie. But unfortunently our relationship fell apart because of Marie's parents. They did not like the fact that their daughter was going to marry a Metis. So in July 26, 1868 I returned to St.Boniface.


Stefan: Ok. How did it feel being a leader?


Louis Riel: Well it was a hard job, but I enjoyed it because my comittee worked hard and we accomplished alot of things. But there was also unaccompished things too.


Stefan: Thats to bad u didn't get to accomplish everything. I still have one or two questions.


Louis Riel: I am a patient man, so go ahead and ask as you wish.


Stefan: Do you feel bad of what happen to Thomas Scott?


Louis Riel: I do feel bad because he died, but I still put him to execution to show that the Metis is not a joke and it is taken seriously.Thomas Scott


Stefan: This is my final question. When and why were you executed.


Louis Riel: On November 16, 1885 I was executed and the reason why I was executed was because I tried to lead the Native Americans and the Metis to rebel. But then the rebellion collapsed and then I ran away and returned in Canada in 1885. I also led rebels attempting to secure land titles in Saskatchewan. I was captured then and I begged for forgivness but the courts had no symphony for me, so then I was sentenced to death.

Stefan: Well, thank you for your time. I really had a good time today.

Louis Riel: I had a good time too. Thank you very much.

http://www.shsb.mb.ca/Riel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Riel

http://library2.usask.ca/northwest/background/riel.htm

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice information about Louis
Riel and the fact you included about him coming back from the dead.

P.S I wonder what he looked like?

Response by TimL